Free Local Bus Transportation
The Eastern Sierra Transit Authority (ESTA) offers complimentary transportation around Mammoth Lakes with several routes offered to serve different regions of town.
Download the Swiftly App to get real-time arrivals and departures on town bus routes.
Year Round Bus Service
Purple Line (More Info): Vons to The Village
- 30-minute frequency, 7AM–6PM (departs Vons)
Winter Seasonal Bus Service
- Service throughout town via Old Mammoth Road and Main Street, traveling between Snowcreek Athletic Club and Mammoth Mountain Main Lodge. The first departure from Snowcreek Athletic Club is at 7:00am and the last departure from Main Lodge is at 5:30pm on the :10, :30, and :50 after the hour.
- 20-minute frequency, 7:00AM–5:30PM
Late Night Trolley
- Service throughout town via Old Mammoth Road and Main Street, traveling between Canyon Lodge to The Village at Mammoth and terminating at Snowcreek Athletic Club.
- Friday & Saturday, 20-minute frequency, 5:40PM–2:00AM
- Sunday–Thursday, 20-minute frequency, 5:40PM–12:00AM, then 30-minute service 12:00AM–2:00AM
- Return-only service is provided upon request nightly after 10:00PM to stops on Canyon Blvd and Lakeview Blvd, and after midnight to Meridian Boulevard and Juniper Springs Resort Sunday–Thursday
Blue Line / Yellow Line
- Service from The Village, up to Canyon Lodge, down Lakeview Blvd, and to Juniper Springs Resort.
- 9AM–5PM; 30-minute frequency
- From The Village, take the Blue Line stop up Canyon Blvd. to Canyon Lodge, then down Lakeview Blvd, following the Blue Line route. This bus departs at :00 and :30 minutes past the hour.
- From The Westin, take the Yellow Line stop (#90) at the base of the stairs down Kelly Road and Majestic Pines Drive to Eagle Lodge/Juniper Springs Resort, following the Yellow Line route. This bus departs at :10 and :40 minutes past the hour.
- From Eagle Lodge/Juniper Springs Resort, take the bus down Meridian Blvd to Minaret Road ending at The Village Blue Line Stop. This bus departs at :20 and :50 minutes past the hour.
Orange Line (Nov 22–26)
- Service from The Village to Tamarack Lodge & Resort. Departs The Village at :00 and :30 minutes past the hour. Departs Tamarack at :15 and :45 minutes past the hour.
- 8:30AM–5:15PM; 30-minute frequency
Employee Transportation to Main Lodge
- Early Employee Bus, 6AM and 6:40AM from Snowcreek to The Village to Main Lodge
Parking Shuttle at Main Lodge
- 10-minute frequency, 7:30AM to 5PM
- The parking shuttle provides transportation from your car parked along the road up to Main Lodge and from Main Lodge back to your car
- After 5PM guests can take the Red Line Bus at 5:10PM and 5:30PM
- Shuttles pick up and drop off only at designated turn outs along the road. Look for the “PARKING” sign and the Black and Gold Flag
- Stand near the sign and be visible, shuttles only stop if they can see you
ESTA's Route Map for Mammoth Lakes
“Dial-a-Ride” or demand response bus service serves a wide variety of passengers. Because of our rural communities and limited transportation services, dial-a-ride services can and does carry both ambulatory and special needs passengers.
Call 760.924.1315 for reservations, or visit ESTA's website for more info.
Depending on Zone
Free Airport Shuttle for Hotel Guests
Free shuttle transportation is offered to guests staying at Mammoth Lodging Collection properties, which include Mammoth Mountain Inn, Juniper Springs Resort, The Village Lodge and Tamarack Lodge. The shuttle will be waiting at the airport for all Alaska, United and JetSuiteX flights. Check in with the shuttle driver as soon as you get off the plane. Please note that the shuttle does not leave the airport until all arriving passenger issues are resolved. For your return to the airport check with the Front Desk at your hotel for the shuttle schedule to the airport.