If your littlest ones aren’t quite ready for a full day on the hill, ski lesson/child care packages are offered daily that include lunch, snacks, rest time and tons of fun on and off the snow. Small group sizes, playful teaching areas, carpet lifts and fun-loving kid specialists allow the children to progress at their own pace on the slopes.
After the lesson is finished at 12PM, the group heads to the Mammoth Child Care facility for lunch, rest and playtime for the remainder of the day.
|Lesson + Lift Ticket
|Lunch is included.
|Lesson + Lift Ticket + Rentals
|Lunch is included.
Rates may vary between early/late season, holiday and midweek, and subject to change.
The 2 main benefits to the Child Care + Lesson package over the regular Pioneer lesson are:
1. The Child Care + Lesson package is a full-day program (8AM–4PM), where the Pioneer lesson is only a half-day (9AM–12PM).
2. If your child struggles on the hill or no longer wants to participate in the program, they will simply be escorted back to Mammoth Child Care facility for play until pickup at 4PM, allowing parents to continue skiing/riding.
What to Pack
Weatherproof outerwear including warm jacket and snow pants, mittens or gloves, goggles, neck gator, helmet and ski/snowboard equipment. Sunscreen must be applied before arriving to the lesson. Equipment and helmet is available for rent inside the Mammoth Kids facility at Main and Canyon Lodges. Please bring a backpack with a change of clothes for after the lesson as well as any napping necessities for your child.
Please label as many of your child’s belongs as possible, especially back packs, mittens, sunglasses, goggles, hats and boots, as this will expedite the check-in process.
Morning Drop Off is at Mammoth Kids Ski School: All children registered for the Lesson/Childcare Package must be dropped off directly at the Mammoth Kids facility at Canyon Lodge or Mammoth Kids facility at Main Lodge (not Mammoth Child Care facility). If your child needs rental equipment, please arrive at 8AM as the process for proper fitting can take 30–45 minutes. Rentals are available for fitting beginning at 8AM inside Mammoth Kids.
Afternoon Pick Up is at Mammoth Childcare facility: Lesson/Childcare Combo kids (along with their belongings) are transported by staff to Mammoth Childcare as soon as they are finished with the lesson at 12PM.
- Children at Canyon Lodge are transported via The Village Gondola to Mammoth Childcare in The Village.
- Children at Main Lodge are escorted to the Mammoth Child Care facility inside Mammoth Mountain Inn (across the parking lot).
- Unless special arrangements are made with our staff, please plan to pick up your child at the Mammoth Child Care facility.
- Check-in/equipment fitting: 8–8:45AM
- Lesson time: 9AM–12PM
- Back at Childcare: 12PM–4PM (lunch at childcare facility along with rest time)